WANGJING WOMEN AND GIRLS SOCIETY (WWAGS)
Message from Secretary Desk
The "Wangjing Women & Girls Society" (WWAGS) is a non-profit organization registered in 1962 under the Societies Registration Act, 1860. It was established by some social workers of Wangjing Village, Manipur under the leadership of (late) Shri Laishram Suvakumar. Since inception, the organization had implemented projects related for the vulnerable and downtrodden persons mainly women and girls of Chandel, Senapati, Thoubal, Bishnupur, Imphal East, Kakching and Imphal West District of the Manipur to promote their socio-economic status and quality of life poor people.
The organization had been working tirelessly in the following sectors to assist the Government by making partnership with National and International agencies.
1. Care for aged persons
2. Micro-finance for poverty hit families.
3. Vocational/entrepreneurship/skill development training for school drop-outs.
4. Urban Livelihood Project.
5. Rural Livelihood Project.
6. SHGs / Farmers Clubs Development project.
7. Modern agriculture & organic agriculture.
8. S.C. Development Project.
9. ST and Minorities communities development project.
10. Provision of quality portable water to the weaker section.
11. Green Energy
12. Wangjing River Basin Management
13. Agro textiles
I am thankful to our partners for availing the necessary fund timely for the projects. My thanks goes to the concerned Ministries of Government of India, State Government machineries, NABARD, NEDFi, MRB and other Private Companies for extending their support to the beneficiaries through our organization. I extend my warmest gratitude to all the people of the project area for giving their full cooperation and contribution. I also extend my thanks to all the administrative and field staffs of our organization to make all the work programs successful.
(L. Premananda Singh)